1-2 Year Postdoctoral Fellow Position
at Technology Management and Entrepreneurship, University of New Brunswick, Canada
The position is in the Dr. J. Herbert Smith Centre for Technology Management and Entrepreneurship (TME), Faculty of Engineering, University of New Brunswick (UNB), Canada. A recent Industry Canada report ranked UNB number one in Teaching and Learning, among all Canadian higher education institutions that support entrepreneurship education. In 2014, StartUp Canada recognized UNB with the Most Entrepreneurial Post-Secondary Institution of the Year award.
The Dr. J. Herbert Smith Centre for TME is dedicated to cultivating new ideas, creative thinking and entrepreneurial spirit in the ever changing world of technology. The Centre offers unique and innovative undergraduate and graduate programs that are designed to ensure students and working professionals with technological backgrounds have the necessary management and entrepreneurial skills to succeed in today’s world.
Description of the position
- The candidate contributes to research of the Centre and the Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Technology Management areas in particular. The postdoctoral fellow position are initially for one year and subject to renewal based on performance.
- The candidate will work very closely with Siemens & NB Power to develop business models for the energy sector. The business models would provide insights and help with better decision making.
- This position requires the candidate to conduct research including data collection and analysis, writing for publication in academic conferences and journals, and developing grant proposals.
To qualify for the positions, candidates should have:
- Completed PhD in a relevant field (Business, Management, Applied Economics, Data Science, Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Marketing or Engineering) within last two years.
- Some experience working with industry.
- Econometric analysis with a focus on cluster analysis.
- Survey design and conducting structured interviews with utilities and energy consumers.
Applications will include:
- Cover letter
- Detailed current curriculum vitae
- Statement of research interests
- Sample publications
- The names and contacts of three referees
Start date: Immediate
Send your application by email to Dr. Dhirendra Shukla at the Technology Management & Entrepreneurship Program, Dr. J. Herbert Smith Centre, University of New Brunswick firstname.lastname@example.org
Dhirendra Shukla, PEng. Professor & Chair Dr. J. Herbert Smith/ACOA
Technology Management & Entrepreneurship Program University of New Brunswick
17 Dineen Drive, Rm. H225, Old Head Hall, Fredericton, NB E3B 5A3
1.506.453.3587 |www.unb.ca/tme | @UNBTME